Do I need public liability insurance and do you offer it?

Last updated: 04 Apr 2022

As a self-employed worker you should take out public liability insurance to cover you against the cost of any damages caused by your work activities.

We’ve partnered with industry specialists Hencilla Canworth LTD to administer Bectu’s bespoke policy to get our members the best deal on high quality insurance.

Our policy covers anyone working in film, broadcasting, independent television production, theatre, live events, games development and the technical sector of the arts.

For £40 a year on top of membership, you get public liability insurance cover of up to £10 million as well as personal accident cover for injuries suffered at or on the way to work.

Please see the Summary of Cover and full details of the Policy.

Find out more information about the policy and how to apply for it here.