What to do if you’re concerned about hazardous substances at work

Last updated: 04 Mar 2020

Although employers have responsibilities to control harmful substances, they do not always carry these out adequately. If you are concerned about the managing of harmful substances at work, you can take the following steps:

  • Report defects and failures in the control measures to your employer or your safety rep.
  • Remove any clothing or PPE which could cause contamination before eating or drinking.
  • Make use of washing facilities.
  • If you’re a safety rep and concerned about your employer’s control of hazardous substances, ask to see their COSHH risk assessment.

Get help

If you have further questions about this contact us for more help.